- 8+ years of experience working on real-world software, involving millions of lines of code, with distributed teams.
- Have consistently used my expertise in concurrency, memory safety, garbage collection and networking to conceive and ship production software.
- Pragmatic and detail oriented engineer with strong fundamentals and appetite for learning new technologies.
- Interested in low-level systems programming.
Skydio - Autonomy EngineerMay 2021 - current
Dropbox - Software Engineer (IC4)January 2017 - April 2021
- Championed and executed a migration to Bazel for the desktop client build system, reducing build times by 30-80% and speeding up test execution by 30-50% while reducing technical debt. This also had massive cost savings in our CI system. (Starlark, Rust)
- Involved in designing and developing a comprehensive crash monitoring pipeline for the Dropbox desktop client, used by millions of users. This made previously unactionable crashes easy to remotely debug and resolve. (Rust and Google Crashpad)
- Added IPv6 support to the desktop client. (Python)
- Part of the on-call rotation and process improvements for monitoring desktop client resource usage and other important statistics.
- Tech stack: Python, Rust, C/C++, Bazel. Detailed knowledge of MacOS and Windows crash reporting APIs and program execution.
Iron.io - Senior Software EngineerOctober 2015 - December 2016
- Drove various initiatives to improve development processes and team collaboration in a startup environment.
- Helped to create an industry leading Docker-based job processing infrastructure. This involved a job server and horizontally scaled runners that process millions of Docker containers every month.
- Maintaining and improving the IronMQ distributed, fault-tolerant message queue. which can process tens of thousands of messages per second on 3-5 node deployments.
- Involved with working on Docker and Web APIs using idiomatic Go. Used Amazon Web Services and Ansible for configuration management.
Mozilla Corporation - Platform EngineerOctober 2012 - September 2015
- Significant contributor to specification and implementation of ServiceWorkers, which allows web apps to offer seamless offline-first experiences.
- Lead implementor of the Promises, Push notifications and Fetch APIs in Firefox. These allow millions of web users to have real time notifications and responsive single-page-app experiences.
- Mentored several interns to implement important projects and helped new contributors with first patches.
- Proficient in Rust, C++ and Python.
- Deep understanding of debugging internals on Linux, Mac and Windows.
- Very comfortable with POSIX-like operating systems. Some experience with Windows development.
Author of An introduction to libuv, a guide to the high performance, cross platform input-output library, libuv, which is used by node.js and several other high-profile projects. The book has been accessed by several thousands of developers over the years and was merged into the official documentation.
Other projects can be found on Github.